In today’s highly competitive and advanced world, digital marketing is playing a crucial role in the growth of businesses.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) are two crucial digital marketing strategies that businesses look forward to for getting higher traffic and visibility in the online world.
What is SEO?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to optimizing a website to get organic traffic from the search engine results.
- SEO involves maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website so that it ranks higher in the search engine results page.
- SEO is an effective means of getting organic traffic, i.e. the search engine gives you free traffic.
What is SEM?
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a digital and online marketing strategy that involves generating both organic and inorganic traffic from search engine results.
- SEM involves promoting websites in search engine results pages by enhancing their visibility through optimization and advertisements.
- SEM involves making use of paid search in which a business pays one or more search engines to mention their website in the results list.
SEO vs SEM : The differences
- It takes a lot of time to get the results but they last for a long time as well.
- It focuses completely on organic results.
- It establishes organic credibility.
- It does not need much testing.
- It provides instant visible results.
- It focuses on a combination of SEO and PPC to get traffic from search engines.
- Improves brand visibility.
- Lots of testing is required to check which advertisement performs the best.